Monday, May 7, 2018

Jumping

Recently, an analogy of my life became clear to me. 

I was walking and thinking about all the branches I could jump up and try to reach, but then thought about how I usually don't reach them anyway. That's when it hit me: I love to jump up in an attempt to touch something. That may be branches, ceilings, signs, etc. However, many times I have jumped and then fell back down, thanks to gravity, having missed the goal by several feet. Sometimes I am pretty sure I won't make it, but I want to try anyway. 

It hit me that my life is often the same way. I'll see something that I think I might want to do, or maybe I know I don't want to, but I try. I jump and often land back on my feet or even crumple to ground, but I tried.

I tried college. Even before I went, I knew it seemed crazy, but I still jumped. And I'm glad I did because I wouldn't have gotten to see the view and feel the thrill of flying for a split second. I came tumbling back down, having missed the goal by several feet. 

But I jumped anyway. 

Photo credits to Dad


On another note, let me introduce Fotografia to you. He's my new crush. 

Beaver's nah on trees. 
It is my new blog, dedicated to photography in black and white. 

Adios, mi amigos.

Dumnezeu sa te binecuvanteze.

2 comments: