Friday, September 1, 2017

That Glory

My freshmen class along with our professors and one professor's wife went to Camp Shamineau last weekend for a retreat. While there, I was reminded afresh of God's exploding glory and grace. We each had the opportunity to share our testimonies, and it was so awesome to see how Christ has worked immensely in each of our lives.

Also, the camp was right by one of Minnesota's many natural lakes, and I saw through creation God's glory displayed in awing proportions. The lake, the Milky Way, the moon--wow! It was incredible.

The community center in the middle of our weekend dwelling. This is where we shared our testimonies.

We did team-building activities. Here CJ is being joked while everyone holds onto him as I and two other classmates lead them with our clapping. It was quite a funny ordeal.

The lake. This is where I spent nearly every minute of my free time.


With my feet hanging from the dock into the refreshing water, I finished my reading for the following Monday.


Shiny black sand.

The winter of summer: death in a tree.

The life of summer: sunshine in a flower.

Driftwood, glossy in its wet beauty.

It began to downpour while I was out there. The others ran back to shelter but I stayed safe and dry under a little hangover to a shed.

The dark rain clouds.


Good memories. 

2 comments:

  1. You're such a good photographer! I especially like the drift wood picture.

    ReplyDelete