Sunday, September 24, 2017

Tea, Stinky Floor, Germans, And Much More


Some days call for a delicious cup of hot tea, but notice, there's no milk in there! So it actually wasn't as good as it could have been, but still added that touch of warmth and home to my day.



My room-mate, Alaina, and I try our best to make our basement dwelling as appealing as possible. 


A walk down to the Stone Arch Bridge gave me much pleasure and beauty. 


Here's the stinky floor story. One night we had a water disaster. The radiators were leaking, and the shower wasn't turning off, water dripped onto my bed, and the water was finally turned off. The next day we only had cold water. We eventually got that fixed, then Alaina and I noticed a very bad stink. It turned out that out carpet was wet and stinking up the basement. Someone cleaned it, but it continued to stink. After the third or so time of cleaning (including the above "Carpet Odor Eliminator"), we are good to go. 

On August 1st, 2007, 35W bridge collapsed, killing 13 people. They built the bridge again and it is quite massive. The picture does not show just how big it is.

One afternoon while taking a walk, I past a drunken bunch of Germans. (I'm only assuming they were Germans by their dress, and assuming they were drunk by the copious amounts of alcohol I saw--and smelled.) 

The IDS building is the tallest in Minneapolis and it really is a neck-strainer.

More tea--with milk! Yay!

I had to write a book on Creation. Ruth by John Piper has little to do with creation; I just wanted something sweet to read. I highly recommend it. 

Valentine. He's my vole that I enjoyed for a few days, but I haven't seen him. He must have been eaten or left the area. Anyway, he was a fun gift from God for that time being. 

Shadow-art photography. 

Writing a paper. 

More paper-writing

I'm a bit old-fashioned. I write down everything I have to read for a day, then I cross off each thing after I read it. This is the famous pink paper that I've been using since nearly the beginning. 

I could have been in the country, but even though I wasn't, this is a beautiful relaxing area on the Mississippi River. 

I got some guava juice for the first and last time. It was made in Egypt, and it really isn't bad, but not as good as...

Champagne!! I seem to gravitate toward this delicious type of soda. This one was made in Jamaica, but it's very similar to the Fruit Champagne in Haiti. 

Well, what an assortment of pictures and stories. (A little lighter than my last post: I'm sure we can all agree!)

Happy Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment