Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The College Cookbook

Some really delicious soup I made last night. The recipe is to follow. 

So I may begin posts about foods I make, and they will be a sort of series under "The College Cookbook." Some will be made up (as this soup is) and others not necessarily. 
This first one, I will call...

Creamy Mexican Rice Soup

Cooked rice
Black beans
Water
Cumin
Red crushed pepper
Salt
Chicken
Milk
American cheese
Spinach

Notice how I don't have measurements, and that is because I did not measure except for the cheese and beans. You can just add the rice, a little water, a small can of black beans, chicken, spices, and salt. Let it boil, then add the remaining ingredients (3 or 4 pieces of cheese), ending with the fresh spinach. Let it cook a little while and then enjoy the delicacy. 

And it IS a delicacy!
Good night!


2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious. Did you write it in your cookbook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, but I have not done that yet.

      Delete