Thursday, October 6, 2022

The Love of Many

"And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.

"But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

Matthew 24:12-13



These verses came to mind as I read a Facebook post this morning that a college friend had written. She is among several people I knew in Minneapolis who seem to have turned from God. They talk about spiritual abuse and other things in the church and their marriage. In the end, instead of looking to God and His Word for the answers and help they need, they look to themselves and curse the church. 

I keep hearing about people turning from God, giving up the faith. Instead of judging them, I have become very aware of how easy it is to fall away from God. We are all sinners and all capable of losing our first love. It makes me pray fervently and regularly for myself, Jacob, and our children that we would never stop loving God and never stop loving each other. I also pray for these old friends, including siblings of my own, that God would be gracious and bring them back to Himself. 

None of us are above turning from Christ. That is why Jesus says that we have to endure. 

And as far as church problems go, there truly is no perfect church. Churches and the Church are made up of sinners. If you're looking for perfection in a broken world, you're not going to find it except in God. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment