Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Travel

I was on the phone with a friend, and she asked me what I do with my time outside of work. I realized that lately, a lot of my time has been in traveling. When your favorite person lives 5 hours away, you kind of have to travel to see him. Also, I went to MN for a couple days. 

Yep, I went with Jacob and his 2 younger brothers, so I had the full experience. We drove the whole 15ish hours in one day. Before that, I drove five hours to get to the same leaving point as them. It was a good time. You learn to put up with people when you have to. Although, I didn't personally feel like I was putting up with anything: I genuinely had a great time. Maybe it stems from the fact that I have 4 brothers and kind of miss that brother interaction. 

Anyway, I got to stay with Priscilla and Justus, and I had such a great time with Quinn. She was bit shy at first, but then she was so much fun. It was nice to be able to have some sister time with Priscilla. We also saw Gabriel and Emily and Addison, which was really nice. 

We hung out a lot and did sledding both days we were there. There were a couple different spots that were good for sledding, and it was quite thrilling. So thrilling, in fact, that I am still reaping the consequences of over a week ago. Oh, well. Who needs a rear end anyway?

Traveling is good. I guess I've gotten accustomed to it. It can be tiring though. However, there is something to being reminded that this isn't our home. I guess I feel like some people never go anywhere. They're so settle here in their little spot. Besides the fun of seeing new places, traveling reminds me that I ain't really supposed to be settled here. Random thoughts for you.


Anyway, so yeah. That's my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment