Tuesday, January 26, 2021

A Gray Day on the Farm

Gray is not always dreary, and sometimes it can be quite a poem all of its own. I went to the farm on one such gray day, and I went purposefully looking for the beauty of the atmosphere. I found so much glory in the gray. I like to look at things close up. You'll find a lot of hidden gems when you stop and pear into the face of a tiny patch of grass. 


There's nothing quite like lush green moss after a good rain. This is actually on our property, but it's just a bit of what you can find in the gloominess.

Kind of nostalgic.


I don't know why, but ever since I was a kid, I've had a fascination with power-lines. 

A lot of these pictures show the little droplets of water from the rain. 

This is that clump of grass I was talking about. Isn't it kind of amazing?


There is always some kind of flower in bloom in NC.

A lot of people call these things spikey balls, but I guess being the tree nerd that I am, I just call them sweet gum balls because they come from sweet gum trees. 

Old fence posts growing stuff are pretty cool.



Some red on the old farm road. 



So calm and peaceful. 

Barbed wire is strangely intriguing to me. 

A million tiny little drops of rain shimmering on a weed. 

A little pop of yellow all curled up in a dandelion. 


So, try to look for the poem in the next gray day you come across.



No comments:

Post a Comment