Saturday, May 11, 2019

Artos

Our school started a little art booklet a few years ago called Artos. The students are given the chance to enter a work of art or poetry or something that they have created. Yesterday, the published booklets were here and we had a little get-together where people could read what they had submitted or talk about their art.

It was fun hearing people explain their work and read things how they meant it to be read or seen.

I had entered something last year, but they didn't like any of it, so I decided to try again this year. I entered a cartoonish picture and my little girl picture. Only the girl made it in, but that's understandable, and I am pretty happy about it.

The original had "Talitha" written in German Black Letter in the upper right corner. Oh, well, it wasn't "professional." I'm thinking, when was art ever professional?

This is a picture one of my class mates drew with ink. I thought is was really well done. I love the detail.



And, I realize that this is the 3rd time I have posted in one day. My apologies. I don't care. 

Happy Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment