Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Alaina: She's 20!!

I met Alaina in August 2017, the day I moved into the basement of the White House and became her room mate. She was my first official room mate, and I quite loved her. Although, when I first met her, I thought, "Hmmm...she's nice, but really quiet. It'll be hard to get to know her." Boy, was I wrong!

It didn't take long for me to realize how amazing Alaina is, and it turned out that she was probably the most extroverted girl in our house last year. Anyway, Alaina and I became good friends and were basically twins. We started saying the same things and acting the same way because we were around each other so much.

Alaina and I had many a conversation on a huge variety of subjects. Sometimes we seemed as different as two girls can be, while other times, like I said already, we were like twins.

Yesterday was her 20th Birthday, and all I can say is that I have been abundantly blessed to know her, and look forward to seeing what happens next.


Shortly after I met her, Alaina informed me that whenever people take pictures of her she sticks out her tongue. 

I guess she was right. 

One of the many silly things we did together.

One of those draining afternoons full of reading. 

I posted this picture recently, and when I saw it I thought how much Alaina has grown up. 

Signature Alaina.


For one of the dodge ball tournaments, she decided to be a spoon with cheerios on it.

This was Alaina's Birthday celebration last year. 



The one picture I have of both of us together, thanks to my dad.

A friend took this picture of Alaina and the rest of us at Leuxie's wedding. 


There's Alaina for you. 


2 comments: