Monday, January 29, 2018

Country Time

I've been thinking a lot about my native North Carolina and the beautiful rurality of my area, which I call "my country." The trees, moon-rises, sunsets, sky, birds, squirrels, dirt roads, creeks, moss... I love it and always will, no matter where I am. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I was actually born in that house up on the hill. An unmistakable jewel for sure.

Join me in my recollections of my time home for a month in winter. Bare with me, there are a LOT of pictures! Thirty-three to be exact.

1
Kitchen window view

2
Nothing like an old, gravel, dirt road

3
Our creek

4
I don't think I will ever tire of seeing this road, my road. 

5
Fresh, spring-like green in winter.

6
The country porch

7
Not many people can sit on their front porch and see this. 

8
Practically completely country 

9
The swirling, twisting mountain road

10
Home-bred girl from North Carolina 

11
Dirty feet

12
Winter color

13
Let's go over that hill and see what adventure awaits us...

14
View out my bedroom window

15
Back in the day when we had a tree in our driveway. 

16
Growing up in the country, being born in the upstairs room where those two windows are, and having the family I have are some of the most amazing gifts I've been given. 

17
Country color

18
I call it southern sugar: orange, gooey sweetness.

19
We're sisters, country sisters; don't mess with us. 

20
Reflections in a country creek

21
Moss and water, green and blue

22
Yes, I was born here.

23
Nothing really extraordinary about this except that it was in North Carolina. 

24
Some reason, this reminds me of Africa, but it's practically my backyard (besides, I've never been to Africa, so how should I know?).

25
Ice

26
Grackle time

27
I'm convinced that snow is prettier in the country. 

28
Snow day.

29
The neighborhood favorite.

30
Snowy Country Road

31
A fairly common occurrence in North Carolina winters.

32
The forest bids me come. 

33
The rain makes everything greener, not drearier. 


Well, there it is, my home. My country in 33 pictures. Do you have a favorite?
I thank God for His gifts to me. 
I didn't choose this,
I was born here. 



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree! That does look like Africa. Yep, 'm glad for the good ol' country, too! I really like the ice pic.

    ReplyDelete