Saturday, November 25, 2017

New Jersey Thanksgiving (#1)

What did you do for Thanksgiving? Well, I went to New Jersey, saw all my sisters and brothers, played in the ocean, watched beautiful sunrises and sets, ate lots of dessert, and adored my niece, because she is the cutest niece in the world. Justus, Priscilla, Tyler, Hannah, and I all went there together from MN, and it was fun traveling with them (and being the 5th wheel as usual!). We stayed at my Grandma's shore house.

Hannah and Tyler waiting at our gate Monday morning. 

Tuesday morning Justus, Priscilla, Tyler, and Hannah sit on a bench overlooking the ocean. 

There it is! How many of you got this for Thanksgiving? (Of course, I'm not trying to brag or anything.)

My cozy beach house room. It brought back many memories from two years ago.  

The northern beach. 

It was very windy, as you can see by looking at Priscilla's hair. 

Sadly, the owners of this house across from Grandma's house sold it and it is going to be demolished so that a big ugly cardboard box can go in its place. 

On Tuesday, I went on  walk with Josiah, Cindy, and Johanna. This girl is precious. 

Then I went upstairs, wrapped myself in a blanket, sat in the sun, and read the Odyssey. 

Finally, on Tuesday evening, the NC crew arrived. It was great to see them again. Here Tyler, and Hannah are joined by Bethany and Lydia. 

The sun sets. 

These four walking on the beach made a lovely scene. 

The sunset from the beach. 

Lydia actually let me play with her hair. I thank you, Lydia! I had fun. 

A copper-colored quarter I found in the sand. This must be Wednesday.

The dune fence.

There's nothing like Jersey waves. 

Look at that!

Lydia running in the water. 

Ahhh...for foamy ocean water rushing over bare feet. 

Blue skies. 

Look at those waves, especially the one crashing in the distance. 

Tyler and Lydia. 

Yike! Run for your life, girl!

Green grass is a rare luxury on the island. 

My favorite house. We tramped all over town looking for this one that I had seen two years ago when I lived there for a month. 

Then we watched the sunset in the freezing wind. We huddled on a bench and froze, wrapping ourselves in blankets.

This in the sunset over the bay. 

She's going down. 

And she's gone. 

I think I'll end there and resume in the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment