Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Move Us

I'm weak.

I am small.

I am distraught.

That is why the other night, a poem began to boil up in my mind, so I climbed out of my cozy bed and began to pen the words. Today things got harder, so I penned more words. I may add more as I see fit, but so far, here is my poem. I hope it encourages you. That's one of my goals in life: no matter how down I feel, I still want to "provoke [others] unto love and good works" (Hebrews 10:24). 

Move Us

Move us on
Move us to
Move us on
Moved by You.

Move us to
To the place
Move us on
To see Your face.

Move us by
Your Spirit shine
Move us on
Lord divine.

Move us through
Storm and rain
Move us even 
In the pain

Move us, Lord
Your will be done
Move us, Mine
You are the One.

Move us onward
Through the fight
Move us forward
In Your light.

Move us, Father
In Your will
Move us, Lover
Keep us still. 

Move us, Lord
Just to move
Move us, Christ
Your power to prove.

Move us, Lord
To love You more
Move us, God
You we adore.

Move me, Father
I want to stop
Move me, Gracious
To the top.

Move me, Shepherd
I'm Your sheep
Move me, Helper
Make me leap.

Move me, Strong One
I am so weak
Move me, Mighty
I'm Yours to keep.


1 comment: