Saturday, November 25, 2017

New Jersey Thanksgiving (#2)

Continuing from my last post...

Thursday finally arrived, and we began the day by watching the sunrise, once again, in the cold.

The sun was hidden by lowing laying clouds. 



There crash those beautiful waves. 


The beauty of the rising sun over ocean is breath-taking and God-praising. 




Later in the day I walked once again across this barren strip of sand between ocean and houses. 

A bike lures a rider. Notice how there's no need for a lock; we're not in Minneapolis, that's for sure. 

I spent a large portion of Thursday in my aunt and uncle's house, helping her cook for the big dinner. 

Finally, dinner is ready. Gabriel and Emily smile at me through the porch window. 

I got to sit at the kids table with our cousin Hudson, Lydia, and Bethany. 


Johanna taking a big bite of soup. 

I jumped back and forth from my table to the big dining room table. Mom, Emily, Gabriel, and Hannah. 

Hudson, Johanna, and Josiah. 

Ten seconds before I shot this photo, Johanna was on top of Hudson. It was so funny. 

Tyler the old man. This chair rises to let people off. 

Lydia and Johanna. 

I blew this picture up because there is so much going on in it. Gabriel being his normal self, Justus looking at him with a funny face, Cindy smiling, Emily resting, and more. 

Lydia took this picture of Jesse dancing with Johanna. 

"Uncle Jesse!" was a phrase we heard a lot from Johanna. 

Who could be a prouder aunt to...

A cuter niece?

What a cute little family! Josiah, Cindy, and Johanna.

We had to get up quite early on Friday morning to get to the airport. Here Tyler and Hannah look wiped out. 

Priscilla and Justus. 

Well, that was my Thanksgiving! What was yours like?

Have a happy Sunday!
Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment