Sunday, November 26, 2017

Crazy Mexican Brownies

I found this recipe for Mexican brownies and had a lot of fun making them and photographing along the way.
This is the coffee that inspired me to make the brownies. You see, I don't care much for coffee, so when I drink it, I have to doctor it up with creamer, sugar, cocoa powder, and a little cayenne.

Getting ready to cook.

Ingredients. Of course, I tweaked the recipe a bit like usual by using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose and using a little more cayenne than it called for. I also used only 3 eggs instead of 4; I think it makes them fudgier. 

Basically caramel. 

Adding the dry ingredients. 

Pour into a pan and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes. 

Now for icing. The recipe for the icing is here. I also twerked this recipe by adding about a half teaspoon cinnamon and a shake of cayenne.

So delicious. 

I drizzled it in a crazy "design."



Look at the moistness!


The cook. 

Bring a pan of these delicious brownies to your next get together...

And see how much you have left by the end of it. 

Dirty napkins and a crumby plate, maybe?

My studio: the radiator does a fine job.

For a really moist, fudgy brownie, put the pan in the refrigerator over night and slice. Wow! That's good stuff. 

Well, if I haven't inspired you to make some brownies, I don't know who will. 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I wish you could try them. Maybe when I go home I can make some.

      Delete