Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Today: Cozy Rainy Summer Afternoon Pictures

 

These are some of my favorite afternoons. We really haven't had a lot of rainy days this summer, so I made the most of it this afternoon.

A curious little boy. 


The fun part of dark afternoons is creating a warm and cozy atmosphere inside. 


Notice how I specify rainy SUMMER days. I hate rainy winter days. There's nothing more sad and gloomy than gray, dismal coldness. But, cool, lush, dark green days, dripping in watery refreshment is wonderful. 


I love seeing the warm glow of lamps inside contrast with the dim coolness outside. 

Looking inside at the orange glow of a candle. 

There's something so mezmerizing about water driping into water. 



Sometimes I look around our home and notice how messy it is, but it still feels so homy and nice. I'm glad it's not perfect. There's nothing homy about perfect. 




I took a lot of pictures of this candle, but it looked so good against the backdrop of the rainy wonderland. 



What a peaceful afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment