Sunday, August 7, 2022

A Year Ago

Today marks a year since Jacob asked me to marry him. 

I had been anticipating the question for a few months. Of course, he was a trucker and we lived in different states. We didn't see each other much, and time kept on moving. 

The weekend of August seventh, I drove to TN for a visit. For some reason, I decided this would probably be the time he would ask me. I met him at his brother's house where he was staying at the time, and he drove me out into the boonies where a simple park was situated on a river. 

We walked into the woods and found a nice little place to sit and stick our feet in the water. The air was soft and calm. The sky was quietly covered in a sheet of gray. It was peaceful and beautful. We sat and talked or just sat and watched the water slowly, rythymically move by. I figured this wouldn't be a bad place to propose. 

All the while, Jacob was fiddling with some weeds. 

Finally, he stood up, so I did, too. Then he said some sweet words, showing his love and dedication to me. Then he quickly got on one knee and asked me to marry him. After I said yes, he asked me which finger the ring was supposed to go on. : )

The ring was weeds. 


Saying yes was one of the best decisions I ever made. I love that man more now than I ever could have imagined back then. 


He did give me a real ring, by the way, but I lost it a few months later. : (                                  But, hey, I still have the weed ring. Haha!


There we were, young and childless and cute. : )

 Less than a year after that happy day, we welcomed our first child into our family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment