Friday, November 6, 2020

"Look at the Sky"


 


And there was a lot of worry. A lot of people upset about things. A lot of things so wrong. A lot of problems. But, I thought people had forgotten about the beauty of the world we live in. All they could do was watch the news. All they could think about was the election. All they could talk about was America's problems. 


And yet, I ran down the hill in capris and a short sleeve T-shirt, the wind blowing in my face, the colors of fall drifting through the crisp air, the golden touch of sunlight slicing shadows across my path, the glory of life crashing against my lungs. I saw life as it is: beautiful. I saw the birds, the sky, the golden stalks of cut corn, the rows of mowed grass, the smile spread across your face. 


We are living, moving, breathing, laughing, crying, talking humans made in God's image. So, why can't we go outside and look at the sky and just thank Him for this day? Why do we mope and worry and fight and curse and sulk. We have a world out there. 


"Look at the sky and forget it. Just forget about you." ~John Piper





2 comments: