Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Love, Karise

 Sometimes people ask, "How could a good God let bad things happen?"


Sometimes I wonder the same thing, but then another question pops up: "How could a good God let anything good happen to people who deserve only the worst?"


I knew a young lady once who was very ill with type 1 diabetes. Most of our friendship consisted of letter-writing, but I did see her in the hospital and other times. Towards the end of her life, she was very thin, very sick, very weak. 


She used to dance, but the sickness made her too weak. How could a good, loving Father take something so special away from someone? She wanted to dance, but He only gave her sickness. I don't know the answers to everything, but I do know that my life was changed forever because of that woman. 


We wrote for several years, and every time, she signed her letters, "Love, Karise."


Karise had more to give then dance. She had love. The Father had love for her, too, and I think that overflowed into the lives of those around her.


Five years ago today, the Father took His little dancer home, and I will always miss her until I see her again in the Kingdom. But while I wait down here, I will learn to love like Karise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment