Monday, October 19, 2020

Still Standing

* I wrote this a long time ago, but for some reason I never posted it. So, here goes.




When you jump into the unknown, you never know if you'll be standing when you land. I've definitely jumped and fallen flat on my face, but it seems I've also flown high on soaring wings.

Sometimes we jump into the unknown with a gripping fear of what we'll land into or how we'll land. 

The picture above puts a picture in my mind of what life in the Lord can be like.We jumped off the sandy hill and landed on our feet even though the ground was so steep. Instead of being afraid, we jumped with the pure joy of flying. We knew we'd land, but fear didn't stop us. 

I want to learn to follow God into the unknown. Wherever He may lead me. Instead of being afraid, I want jump, maybe even soar, and then possibly even land on my feet. But if not, that's still OK. At least I've gotten somewhere. 


No comments:

Post a Comment