Tuesday, July 14, 2020

"Two People Who Are in Love"

I think that's a line from a song that was sung at my parents' wedding. I don't know much more than that part of the song, but when two people are in love, they do often get married. Also, hopefully, when two people are getting married they are in love.

This weekend I took a ride down to Wisconsin to witness the joining of two such people. It was a very special event. I have know Seth and Sarah for the past few years. Seth was in Hannah's class and they were good friends. Then Priscilla came up here and she became friends with Seth, so it only made sense that I would also become friends with him. He has been like an older brother to me in many ways. He is kind, but he doesn't mind telling me what I should be doing with my life. We call each other names, but that's a part of the Leake/Seth friendship.

When he started dating Sarah, I was really happy for him because I had known they were already good friends, and I thought she would be a good fit for him. I was living back at home at the time, but when I moved back here, I was excited to get to know Sarah better. When I was a freshman Sarah was a sophomore, and I thought she was crazy. When I really got to know her, I knew for sure that she is crazy. ; ) But I also realized that she has a real heart fro God and ministering to others. She loves to laugh, but she can also be serious and get things done.

Seeing these two joined in marriage was a really sweet thing. They complement one another so well, and I am sure they will bring much glory to God in their marriage. 

I'm not sure if this is illegal, but I stole this picture from their wedding website. Obviously, it's not my picture. 

2 comments: