Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Virginia Creeper Trail

*Note: I started this post weeks ago. My, this blogging things has not been too successful as of late. 😞

Earlier this week, Mom informed me that the rest of my family was going to go biking on the Virginia Creeper Trail on Thursday and that I should try to get off work. I tried looking for someone, but, alas, no one could take my place. I had told my boss about it, and even though no one could take my place, he said I could go. I was very happy.
So, early on Thursday morning, the 6 of us, including Hannah and Tyler who are leaving the country soon, packed up into the mini van and took off. Along the way, a warning light of sorts came on the dashboard of the van. Then, shortly after, there was a pop and a large crash showed up on the wind shield. We stopped to check things out and then went on our way. (Later we found out that it could have been pretty serious, but we didn't know that at the time, and God kept us safe.)

Anyway, we finally got the bike rental, and they loaded up our bikes before taking us to the top. Then we began our adventure.

This is where we started. 

The adventure begins. 

The view from above. Mountains look different when you're in them and above them. 

The first bridge I think. 

Tyler and Hannah peering over the edge. 

The biking lot. 

A little path from the biking lot led to this pretty little view.

Aren't they cute?

A huge field of squash. I seriously don't know why anyone would ever want so much nastiness. 

An old train station along the route. 

So much beauty. We followed this creek most for the way down. 

Another bridge. 

Underneath the bridge was pretty cool. 

Oh, yeah, we love water. 

There they are: Hannah, Lydia, Tyler, Mom, and Dad. 

Lyd the Bid.

Some places were flat and smooth, and the trees hung over ever so wondrously. 

Lunch

A master piece by Tyler. 

An old train engine. 

A beautiful old house. Look at all those porches! Absolutely sublime. 

The ice cream place. 

Lydia and I had to get the real stuff: Cappuccino. Yummo!

A relaxing end to a delightful day. 


I so many pictures. I still have more. I think that's why I was putting it off. Anyway, there you have it. 



2 comments: