Monday, September 24, 2018

Dirty Girl

After the flooding went down in our parts last Monday, I went for a little bike ride. It was rough going: tiny bike with bad breaks, got chased by a vicious dog, got super muddy, and turned into a sweat heap. Anyhow, glad I did it.

The creek, though it had gone down considerably, was still a rushing clay bath. 

Me on the tiny bike getting stuck in the clay in the drenched bean field. 

The upper Mount Pleasant Creek along the bean field. 

Bike, sandals, and myself looking rather red. 

Through the bamboo, you could see where the rushing torrential creek had wiped out the leaves and even some bamboo along the bank. 

Just hours before, Lydia and I had stood right there with water up to our ankles. I'd say the water rose four to five feet in places. 

1 comment:

  1. WoW! That's really somethin'!! How did Lyd like you using her bike? ;)

    ReplyDelete