Thursday, February 8, 2018

Friends and Brothers

I have met a lot of people since I first came to Minneapolis in August. Everywhere from old ladies to little babies, teenage girls to 20-something seminary students, rambunctious 5 year-old boys to mature brotherly men. Pretty much the whole gambit.

It has been a good time. I have enjoyed these people and friendships immensely, and I hope to continue growing in relationships that point me toward God.

I have a room-mate that I can chum with. I can tell her in particular, things I wouldn't tell anyone else (besides family). We understand each other. It's funny how you can get a room-mate and share your secrets and know she won't tell. It's good to have someone close like that. It's different too, though. I've always just had my family.
Alaina


Then there are other good girlfriends, like other house mates, that I can have long conversations with and laugh about weird things, pray together, and share our thoughts on subjects without judging the others.
Alaina, Erika, and Leuxie


Of course, I have my blood sisters that I can whine to. I laugh and joke with them too, don't worry. But they listen, and they rebuke, and they make sense.
Hannah and Priscilla


And then, there are the boys. They're the ones I rebuke. Haha! I tell them what to do and scowl at their immaturity and then laugh with them at their jokes. I do love them, I just have to out up with them.
CJ, Tommy, and Jesse-Morgan


Finally, my brothers. They're champs. They ask me pointed questions, they're real, and they treat me like their little sister, which I love. I love having brothers I can go to for advice and see a different side of the coin. Girls are wonderful and I need them, but they think like I do. Big brothers think like I should. So I need them.


Actually, I need them all. God gives us friends, good friends, for a reason. Get some good ones if you don't have any yet.

I'm happy. Hope you are too.

The Sis

No comments:

Post a Comment