Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Of Flowers and Things

So many flowers are blooming abundantly in the city. I took a walk on Mother's Day and took bunches of pictures. Hope you enjoy.


These leaves are new, but they are naturally a red-brown. I think it is pretty cool. 

Tulips

Some yellow weed. 

Fresh oak leaves.

White apple blossoms

And the pink ones

Dandelions

I actually got a picture of the seeds blowing when I blew on them. I was happy about it. 

More of the yellow. From this picture, you could imagine I was out in the country somewhere. 

Another flower I don't know the name for. 

I just took pictures of pretty much any flower I saw. I like these; so small and dainty. 

And, of course, the violets. 

You can see the Stone Arch back there. 

Woods

A flower box. 

Something purple and quaint

These are the coolest tulips with the fringed edges. 

Such a deep red color. 

Daffodils: some of my favorites. 
More apple. They are all over the city.


And lilacs. They smell sooooo good. 


The heart flower. I really don't know what it is called, but it's cool. 

More violets

Of various kinds
This is a wild little yard with little trees and all these flowers (another variety of violets?). 


Happy spring to you, folks!






2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing the variety of flowers you captured in photos while on a walk? Beautiful, just beautiful!
    So many of those flowers you are still enjoying are long gone in this southern state...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It is such a blessing, especially in the city.

      Yeah, I figured that would be the case. I feel like I got a bit of two springs because there were flowers blooming at home when I left.

      Delete