Sunday, July 15, 2018

I Won't Forget

We made it safely to the park and got out of the car. I figure I made a comment about making it alive.  Anyway, we joined the others and began the trek along the path that winded past a soccer field and by some trees then down to a long bridge.

We walked to the other side of the bridge, then we went the "adventurous" route; we turned off the paved path into the woods on a narrow trail.

Somewhere along the way, the group detached so there were two groups, the one being made up of us girls and Sam, while the rear was totally made up of the crazy boys. 

Well, this went on, till I decided we needed to run away from the bad guys. 

We all ran through those woods like wild women (and a man). This was my enjoyment that I threw onto the others. 

We ran a few more times. 

The "homosapeans", as we called those boys, eventually caught up with us. They threw the Frisbee over our heads and into the woods. We came to a creek and sat and watched a yellow bird and walked into mushy ground and skipped stones across the water and did silly things and laughed and, and, and--oh, we had fun. 

We walked back together and Alaina and I kept saying the same thing. We were basically twins. 

We sat on the long bridge and watched the non-existent sunset, but it was still fun. A quiet, restful moment between us and God. 

The birds sang around us. 

That night ended very good for me. I have good memories. 

And we made it back alive. Thanks, Jacob, for not killing us. 


One of my favorite memories. 


3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite memories also...... I hope we can have more some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be great to make some more memories like that.

      Delete